National Institute of Mass Communication (NIMC):
National Institute of Mass Communication (NIMC) is an apex training institute under the Ministry of Information, Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, providing proper training and education to the officials of various attached departments under the Information Ministry, freelancers, and media persons to develop them as skilled manpower in the field of Mass Media such as print, electronic, audio, video media and so on.
NIMC of Bangladesh was established in the year 1980 as the ‘National Broadcasting Academy’. The ‘National Broadcasting Academy’ changed to ‘National Institute of Mass Communication (NIMC)’ in 1984. NIMC is located at Darus Salam in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The Institute is offering a range of short and long training courses related to the field of mass media. It also conducts research regarding media related issues. National Institute of Mass Communication, Bangladesh provides advocacy and consultancy services as well, and advises to the government regarding the development communication in the country. NIMC has international collaboration with AIBD, AMIC, Voice of America (VOA), DW, ABU and UNESCO.
List of Some Courses offered by National Institute of Mass Communication (NIMC):1) Induction Course for BCS: Information (General, Radio-News & Programme) Professional
2) Radio and Television Programme Presentation Course
3) Advance Course on Media Management
4) Radio and Television News Reporting Course
5) Television Drama Production Course for University Students
6) Television Camera operation & Lighting Course
7) Communicative English Course for Media
8) Satellite Broadcasting Course
9) Broadcast Engineering Course
10) Traditional Broadcasting and IP Distribution
11) Computer Graphics & 3D Animation Course for Television
12) Digital Audio Recording, Editing & Broadcasting Course
13) Television Programme Production Course
National Institute of Mass Communication (NIMC) Contact Information:
125/A, A.W.Chowdhury Road, Darus Salam, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh
Published Date: 19/02/2016